RT-130 Annual Refresher
RT-130 Wildland Refresher Training
For the 2022 Leavenworth Firefighter Challenge we are excited to be able to offer RT-130 Wildland Refresher training as part of the Challenge weekend.
How To Register
To register for the RT-130 refresher training select the "Wildland Refresher Training" add-on when purchasing your event ticket. There is an additional $10 charge for the training.
RT-130 training will be held at Chelan County Fire District #3 at 9:30am on the Sunday after the Challenge (April 23, 2022). The RT-130 training will include the classroom and practical portions of the refresher including the opportunity for participants to complete their pack test.
The intent of RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR) is to focus line-going personnel on operations and decision-making issues related to fireline in order to recognize and mitigate risk, maintain safe and effective practices, and reduce accidents.
The core components that will be covered are:
- Local Topics – Review and discuss local topics and areas of concern that can impact firefighter safety in the upcoming fire season
- Incident Reviews and Lessons Learned – Review and discuss lessons learned from past local, regional, and national incident response.
- Fire and Aviation Operational Safety – Review and discuss the risk management principles and tools that promote safe and effective incident operations. Utilize the appropriate sections of the Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG).
- Human Factors, Communication and Decision Making – Discuss the complexity of human factors, their impact on communications and decision making.
- Fire Shelters and Entrapment Avoidance – Review and discuss shelter use, deployment site selection, shelter inspections, personal protective equipment, and practice proper deployment techniques.
RT-130 Fire Refresher Training will be overseen by Chelan County Fire District #3 Deputy Chief Nalle. A RT-130 certificate will be issued at completion of the refresher and will include hands on fire shelter deployment training.